Installation WEBCON BPS
WEBCON BPS can be installed on top of your existing SharePoint environment and does not require any additional machines to run. Below you can find requirements for two types of 'from scratch' installations.
'All-in-one' development or testing environment
For the simplest and most compact WEBCON BPS 'all-in-one' configuration, you may use a single machine added to company's Active Directory. Required software components are:
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer
- SharePoint 2013 Foundation (or Server) or 2016
- SQL Server 2008R2 (or newer) Express with Advanced Services (Full Search component is necessary)
Setting up a production environment (suitable for up to 1000 users) will require installation of SharePoint and putting WEBCON BPS on top of it.
In most cases it means, that two separate machines for application (SharePoint) and database server (MS SQL) are going to be used - following the recomendations for SharePoint environment installation. WEBCON BPS installs as a solution for SharePoint and creates its own databases, typically on the same server you use to host SharePoint's DBs.
Recommended configuration for WEBCON BPS installation up to 1 000 users
Recommended configuration - high workload scenario
WEBCON BPS architecture redners it possible to create environment that efficiently handles tens of thousands of end users.
Setting up a high workload scenario requires adequate infrastructure planning, although the most basic guidelines have been presented below:
- Increase the number of SharePoint front-ends to improve the number of web browser client requests that your system can handle. It is recommended to have at least one SharePoint front-end for every 5 000 users.
- Improve SQL server performance and efficiency by adding more RAM, increasing processing power, and most importantly, improving the performance of your disk array (e.g. by using a larger number of more efficient disks). Make sure to configure WEBCON BPS to allocate fast disks for metadata and slower, offering better price-to-space ratio, for file attachments.
Recommended configuration for WEBCON BPS installation over 1 000 users
WEBCON BPS in
Depending on the needs, the system can be scaled-up to support tens of thousands of users.
There can be diffrent scenarios for WEBCON BPS configuration in Azure Cloud, depending on the current company's infrastructure.
Configuration scheme for cloud-only organizations:
Cloud architecture for hybrid organizations:
Requirements for installing WEBCON BPS in Azure Cloud are similar to on-premises installation:
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 or Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013/2016
- MS SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher (full text search mode required)
- Active Directory environment